Monday, April 27, 2009

Cover Where I Fail

From the Word:
Click and Read
Psalm 127

Key Verse:
Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. - Psalm 127

We attend the Saturday night service and getting their this weekend was so hard on me! All day Saturday, I was grumpy and irritable, and so were my kids.

The girls kept bickering, the baby whined incessantly from the moment he woke up, and my husband had to work, so getting all of us grumpy people dressed and out the door and to church on time was all my job. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't do that job well. I nagged and yelled and acted like I was the kid.

On the way to church the Mommy guilt rolled in, and I apologized to my kids for the way I behaved.

My oldest daughter was so kind and said, "That's OK, Mommy, you ALWAYS do that. We're used to it."

Ouch! That did not help the Mommy guilt one little bit. Usually, an incident like this would lead to great discouragement, but I'm learning to respond differently. This time I just stopped and prayed the prayer that is becoming all too familiar, "Lord, please cover where I fail."

Cover where I fail- How thankful I am that I can pray that. When I can't live up to the ideal mom that I long to be and worry that I'm failing and ruining my children, I can let go, look up, and say, "Help!" And my kids are somehow surviving being raised by me! Ha Ha.

I would not want to do this job without Him! Thank you Jesus for covering where I fail, when I fail....even when it is so often.

Personal Application:

Are you a parent or grandparent? Or have you felt like a failure lately in another area of your life? Commit these areas to the Lord and trust Him to make them what they need to be. Remember that His grace is sufficient for you, and He will carry you through your failures, turning them into good, when you trust in Him to do it.

Father,

Thank you that I am not parenting alone. My failures are opportunities for You to be strong in the lives of my precious children. I pray that in all areas of my life, I will be able to commit my ways to you and allow you to build them into what they need to be. Thank you for being my strong tower, my refuge, and for covering where and when I fail. I love you!

In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen

More of God's Word:

1. Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV)

3. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

4. Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. -Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)

Love a very imperfect,

No comments:

MySpace Backgrounds